Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday, November 9, 2010
A quick note about the basic philosophy and intended style of presentation for my photography:

The core concept is similar to that of montage and, specifically, Sergei Einstein's "A Dialectic Approach to Film Form". To present dissimilar elements that, when combined or placed near one another, create a new and higher form of conceptual language, through which to then convey emotion and thought.

Diptych or triptychs of similar size and framing, occasionally accompanied by a few words or short phrases, which also appear in a similar frame.

I plan to elaborate more upon this later. Mostly I just wanted to say the words aloud (or in text, if you will), as I just now realized that I've never explained this concept to anyone before.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twenty Years Late to the Party ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates