Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Hello.

My name is Scott McKinnon and I would like to register a complaint, if I could please.

I am an Art major at the University of Oregon. As a Junior, I have 95 or so credits under my belt. But, even with this amount of seniority, I cannot register for many of the required classes, as they are very limited in nature. For example, this quarter I would like to take the 'Digital I' photography course. Unfortunately, only 18 students can take this in the Winter quarter, due to limited space.

Now, I cannot help but become frustrated, especially when I notice that the University is offering various 'Billiards' classes to over 140 students this quarter, as well as 'Juggling' courses to over 50 students.

I do not wish to appear overly critical, but I believe that this strongly indicates that the priorities of this University are severely out of step with the needs of society. Digital photography is a huge necessity for many businesses in the real world. Juggling is not.

Unfortunately, if this situation is not addressed, I will not be able to recommend the University to my colleagues after I graduate.

Thank you for listening to my complaint. I would very much like to work with the University to address this matter.

Yours,

Scott McKinnon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Twenty Years Late to the Party ◄Design by Pocket, BlogBulk Blogger Templates